International student visa information St George & Sutherland Community College

International student visa information

Student Visa Information

> International students require a student visa to study in Australia.

You should apply for your visa after receiving your eCoE from SGSCC International. Student visa conditions include the requirement to undertake full-time study load.

At SGSCC International, a full-time study load is 20 hours of class per week during a study period (a study period is a school term according to the NSW School Calendar).

Your student visa will:

  • Be entered into your passport or emailed to you if you apply online
  • Be issued for the duration of your course of study or full duration of a study package
  • Enable you to re-enter Australia for the duration of your course Applying for your Visa

Contact nearest Australian High Commission or embassy to lodge an application for your student visa.

For a full list go to you will need to present the following documentation when

Lodging your application:

  • A copy of your Overseas Student Letter of Offer and Written Student Agreement
  • A copy of your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE)
  • Your passport
  • Four passport-sized photographs
  • A visa application payment (for latest visa application fees )

You can apply for your visa on-line or by filling out the correct Immigration Form available on the Immigration website – we advise you to visit

You may also visit a Migration Agent or Lawyer for further assistance.

Note: Please ensure you allow enough time for your visa application to be processed so you can arrive at SGSCC International in time to attend orientation. You must be present for the full duration of the orientation program. Refer to your Overseas Student Letter of Offer and Written Student Agreement for specific dates.

Visa Entry Requirements

Use the link to the Department of Home Affairs website:

Travelling on a Student Visa

If you return home during breaks, you must check the visa expiry date stamped in your passport. If your student visa expires while you are outside Australia, you will need to apply for an extension of your student visa from overseas. This may delay your return to Australia.

Visitor’s Visa

Students who arrive on a visitor’s visa are not permitted to study in a Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) registered course that is longer than three months. Students must hold a valid student visa to study at SGSCC International.

Students may be allowed to transfer from a visitor’s visa to a student visa while in Australia. Please check the Department of Home Affairs website for more information.

Transfer between Institutions

It is possible for students to transfer between courses once they have reached and completed 6 months of study internally. You will only be able to transfer if a place is available for you on the course you wish to transfer to. If you change from one course to another, there may be differences in the course fees, so you may have to pay extra fees.

Students wishing to transfer to another provider may only do so after they have completed 6 months of the principle course and is in line with the SGSCC student transfer policy and procedure.

If you wish to transfer to another training provider you may only do so after you have completed 6 months of your principle course.